If you've been to Cambridge Brain Sciences before, you may have noticed that there's a brand new look and feel—but that's only the beginning. Starting today, an all-new Cambridge Brain Sciences is available for you to try. It's faster, easier to use, and has been revamped from the ground up to give you scientifically-valid brain insights that enable you to function at your best every single day. In fact, over the past 6 months, we've been testing this new version with active users of the "classic" Cambridge Brain Sciences website pictured below, and we've used feedback from these users to create many features of the new service as you see it today.
If you're itching to experience it for yourself, go ahead and register for a free account. If you're keen to learn more, keep reading.
Why did Cambridge Brain Sciences change?
Over the last decade, there have been many significant advancements within the healthcare industry. Today, we have the ability to produce 3D-printed prosthetic limbs, use artificial intelligence to improve health data, and get personalized healthcare via smartphones and sensors, with many more solutions being created daily.
Yet, even with the onslaught of innovative technologies within the healthcare industry, we know very little about how the brain functions. Today, cognitive degenerative conditions—like Alzheimer's and other sources of dementia—continue to affect millions of people globally, with no real cure in sight. At the same time, awareness around brain health is growing globally among all age groups. And it's not just about about avoiding brain health deterioration anymore—it's about learning how to get the most out of your brain, so you can get the most out of your life.
So ... what does this have to do with Cambridge Brain Sciences? Since 2009, hundreds of thousands of people like you have used Cambridge Brain Sciences to gain a deeper understanding of their brain health, while contributing to large-scale scientific studies that advance our knowledge about the brain. To date our tests have been completed more than 6 million times (and counting), and have been used in 300+ peer-reviewed academic papers. As the leading online platform for cognitive assessment, trusted by researchers conducting studies published in the world's most prestigious science journals, and co-founded by a world-renowned neuroscientist (Dr. Adrian Owen, Chief Scientific Officer at Cambridge Brain Sciences), we believe that we are in the unique position to push the boundaries of our understanding of the brain.
In service to our new-found vision, we aim to take neuroscience out of the lab and make it accessible to millions of people around the world, enabling them to be at their best every single day. The launch of the all-new Cambridge Brain Sciences is the first step toward realizing this vision.
Backed by a team of scientists, designers, and software architects, the all-new Cambridge Brain Sciences has been rebuilt from the ground up to provide you with deeper insights that enable you to get the most out of your brain. Aside from the new look, there are plenty of new features aimed at helping you derive important brain insights:
- Receive a scientifically-valid measure of your current brain health in less than 10 minutes. Take a series of fun and scientifically-valid tests, and less than 10 minutes later, you'll have an accurate view of your brain health today. Best of all, you can compare your results to more than 75,000 users, so you know exactly where you stand.
- Thrive when you're high, know when you're low. Keep a watchful eye on changes in your brain health. High score today? Great—go on and tackle your toughest goals. Not at your best? Don't sweat it—how about a power nap, or a shot of espresso as a pick-me-upper?
- Live the lifestyle that results in the best you. Easily track your sleep, stress and exercise—the three lifestyle factors scientifically proven to affect your brain health most. Then, sit back as we crunch the numbers and produce bite-sized, actionable insights that help you avoid the dreaded "off" day.
- Access all of this, and more, from your mobile device. The all-new Cambridge Brain Sciences can now be accessed anywhere on your smartphone or tablet.
Plus, as a Cambridge Brain Sciences user, you'll gain direct access to friendly support and insightful content provided by our staff scientists (seriously - these are real scientists!). You'll also be able to participate in ground-breaking scientific studies that get published in the world's most prestigious academic journals. In fact, simply by using the all-new Cambridge Brain Sciences, you are contributing to the largest online experiment ever conducted!
But that's just the tip of the iceberg. Over time—and with your feedback and support—the service will continuously evolve to fulfil your needs even more, backed by a team of people who are passionate about advancing our understanding of the brain.
Who is it for?
The all-new Cambridge Brain Sciences is for anyone seeking to maintain a quantified and scientifically-valid assessment of their brain health, while understanding why these fluctuations may be occurring. More specifically, we've seen two types of of people gravitate toward the all-new Cambridge Brain Sciences:
- Ever heard of the term "biohacking"? Biohacking is the act of conducting interventions on yourself to find an optimal state of body and mind. It can be as simple as altering your sleep patterns, meditating, and exercising—or as sophisticated as testing nootropics supplements, investing in the latest brain gadgets, or enrolling in brain training (yes, these things actually do exist). Regardless, if you're spending time or money on these kinds of interventions, you should be using Cambridge Brain Sciences to prove that the time (or money) is actually worth it. Furthermore, the all-new Cambridge Brain Sciences lets you easily track your sleep, stress and exercise out of the box, and gives you insights you can use to be at your best (or avoid being at your worst).
- If you've suffered a temporary cognitive deficit (injury, illness, new medication, treatments, or surgery) or are concerned about longer-term decline due to aging, Cambridge Brain Sciences is for you. With Cambridge Brain Sciences, you can get a valid, quantified assessment of your brain health over time, helping facilitate important discussions with a doctor or family member. It takes less than 10 minutes, and can be completed from the comfort of your own home, so that you can complement your subjective evaluations with a true quantitative measure.
Having tested the platform with real people over the last 8 months, we've been humbled by the amount of positive feedback - here is what our community is saying:
"The presentation of my brain report, and the integration between my cognition and my lifestyle, were top-notch. I’ll keep coming back—I eagerly anticipate the rich insights I’ll get as I explore my brain."
—Don, 43, Chicago
"Working with Cambridge Brain Sciences, I became aware of the things that really matter. It’s not about intelligence, but how I use my brain—and my brain is at its best when I optimize my lifestyle."
—Jason, 31, Sacramento
How am I affected?
If you're new to Cambridge Brain Sciences—welcome! To get started, register for a free account. If you've used Cambridge Brain Sciences in the past, you probably have some questions. Read through the FAQs below, or simply give us a shout in the comments below; we'd love to hear from you! Without further ado:
Do I have to create a new account?
Yes. To continue playing tests, you'll have to create a new account on the new site. Don't worry, it takes less than one minute, and you can use the same email address you've used before.
Do I have to pay for the new site?
The all-new Cambridge Brain Sciences offers a free account where you can enjoy many of the benefits you are used to, and more—like playing a limited number of tests per day, and receiving comprehensive brain reports that deliver newer and more insightful measures. There is a new upgraded account that features unlimited everything—test plays, brain reports and personal insights—available at a monthly rate of $10 USD.
What happens to my existing data?
Sorry, we can't link your data from the classic site to the new site—they are too different to compare directly. You'll probably find that it's best to start over anyway, in the context of the new site's emphasis on daily variation and lifestyle tracking. While you can still play the same tests (redesigned and available on mobile!), the all-new Cambridge Brain Sciences boasts a whole set of new brain health measures, to help you derive way more insight; this includes an overall measure of your brain health (C-Score), as well as its three underlying components (short-term memory, reasoning, and verbal ability).
Are the tests different?
They're the same tests, but way more fun. Tests have been redesigned from the ground up, accessible on mobile and are more enjoyable than ever—all while preserving 100% of the science.