MRC Cambridge Brain Sciences Website Terms and Conditions
The Cambridge Brain Sciences Website is run by Cambridge Brain Sciences Inc. with an exclusive license from the Medical Research Council (MRC). Use of this Website is provided subject to acceptance of the following Terms and Conditions. If you do not agree to these Terms and Conditions, please leave immediately. These conditions may change from time to time, so please check back periodically. Continued use of this site following any changes to the Terms and Conditions demonstrates constitutes acceptance of this agreement following said changes.
1. Website content
The information and content within the website is provided free of charge. It is not intended to be comprehensive. We have made reasonable efforts to ensure that the information is accurate at the time of inclusion. The information on this website could include technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. Despite our best efforts, it may also become out of date. Therefore, Cambridge Brain Sciences Inc. cannot take any responsibility for errors or omissions. Furthermore,
- The website and the information, names, images, pictures, logos and icons contained therein are provided "AS IS" and on an "IS AVAILABLE" basis without any representation or endorsement made and without warranty of any kind.
- In no event will Cambridge Brain Sciences Inc, the MRC, The University of Western Ontario or any of their member organisations accept liability for any damages, including, without limitation, indirect or consequential damages, or loss of profits, or any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or loss of use of this site.
- Cambridge Brain Sciences Inc. does not warrant that the service continuity of this website will be uninterrupted or error-free, nor that this site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses, bugs or defects. We may change a service without warning and we may stop offering a service at any time.
2. Cognitive tests
The website contains several freely available tests that have arisen from the cognitive neuroscience research funded by the MRC and by WORLDiscoveries. It is understood that these tests are provided for public use with no guarantee of validity or accuracy of the results, and are not to be interpreted as diagnostic or indicative of any illness or disability. If you do have any concerns over your results after taking one of the tests, consult your GP for professional advice.
All copyrights in this website, including logos, illustrations, photos, sound, scripts, animation and other material appearing on this website, otherwise known as “content”, are exclusively licensed to Cambridge Brain Sciences Inc. or third parties authorising the use of the copyrights. Users must not reprint or electronically reproduce from the Cambridge Brain Sciences website any graphic in whole or in part without the prior written permission of Cambridge Brain Sciences Inc.
4. External Links
Links from this site to other internet sites are provided only for the convenience of visitors. Cambridge Brain Sciences Inc., The University of Western Ontario, and the MRC do not endorse the content or services delivered through these external websites and are not responsible for their availability, reliability or accuracy. Permission to reproduce information from these sites may be required from the website provider. The existence of a link from any organisation’s site to the Cambridge Brain Sciences Inc., The University of Western Ontario, or the MRC site does not imply that they endorse the activities or views of that organisation.
- If any of these Terms and Conditions should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by reason of the laws of any state or country in which these Terms and Conditions are intended to be effective, then to the extent to and within the jurisdiction in which that Term and Condition is illegal, invalid and unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from this clause and the remaining Terms and Conditions shall survive, remain in full force and continue to be binding and enforceable.
- You agree to use this site only for lawful purposes, and in a manner which does not infringe the rights of, or restrict, or inhibit the use and enjoyment of this site by any third party. Such restriction and inhibition includes, without limitation, conduct which is unlawful or which may harass or cause distress or inconvenience to any person and the transmission of offensive material or disruption of normal flow of dialogue within this site.
- We reserve the right to exclude a particular user from a service, and/or delete their details, if they abuse it (which could include, but is not limited to, hacking, submission of obscenities, fraud or the spreading of computer viruses).
- No data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed as totally secure. While we strive to protect such information, we do not warrant and cannot ensure the security of any information which you transmit to us. Accordingly, any information which you transmit to us is transmitted at your own risk.
- Policies for children/minors: All children should discuss their use of this website with their parent or guardian, and no information should be provided without their consent.
- If these Terms and Conditions are not accepted in full, the use of this site must be terminated immediately.
6. Applicable law
This website and the use of it is governed by English law and English courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any disputes connected to the Website. If you use these services from outside the UK, you are responsible for ensuring your use conforms with your national laws.